What is local search? Local search is the area that surrounds you when you search on Google. For example, when someone types in a “tree service near me”, Google will pull up listings that are located right next to them, with a map that shows the businesses that are the most relevant and best for them. The local search usually has 3 listings with their addresses shown on the map for your to find directions, and it is essentially some of the first businesses they see when searching for anybody in the tree service industry. It is prime real estate for anybody to get into, and because this is something very few people understand, this is something you wish to take advantage of.
Local search is organic, so if someone decides to click on your Google Business listing, it does not cost you a single dime; however, you are able to deliberately destroy your chances of optimizing this page when you choose not to enhance your local maps.
So here are some of the most important things that you are able to do, according to our research, on what influences your Google My Business Local Search page.
- Your physical address in the city you are trying to target.
- If your owner(s) of the listing verified their pages as well.
- Having citations, which is where your name, address, and phone number (NAP) are listed.
- Having a structured login of the traditional citation
- Having a credible business address that matches the address that is identical to the one on your Google My Business page, which should be the same as the one listed on your website.
The previous 5 bullet points are very important factors in local search.
So, with that being said, what does SK Marketing do?
- First, we verify your business information to make sure it is the same across all our channels and is the same as the one on Google My Business, Yellow Pages, BusinessHub, or any other local listing. We make sure your name, address, and phone number, business owner information, is the same across all channels. Many of you do not have this done well, and because your phone number may have changed over the years, there is a Google My Business account that is out there on the web that is outdated and is not been owner-verified, so basically it was put out there by someone else.
- Second, after verifying your information, we create a location page on your website. Why? Because when you have a location page with the Google pin that essentially has the same address as the one found on Google My Business while it is linking back to it, you are essentially adding more authority to your site when Google does crawl back on your website. We apply this to Bing, Yelp, & FourSquare as well. Once you claim these other sites, you will have much more power and authority in this region.
- We help you get more positive reviews on Google My Business as well as Yelp, and that helps you get many more customers flowing into your business, which we are sure you do not mind.
Understand that there are hundreds of people searching for tree service in your local search area, and they will most likely find you online, and when they do search, how will they feel when they see you have so many positive reviews on Google My Business, Yelp, and other review websites? They will most likely call you than try to risk it with somebody else, which is why SK Marketing must be in your digital marketing plan.
This may be a lot to take; however, if you have any questions, we can speak about what type of goals you have, or if you have any questions, then feel free to email us.